Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 23:57:46 -0000
Interesting example, but not equivalent.

7O2A really was in zone 37 so he was sending the correct info.  People just
chose not to copy it.

The DJ is sending you something that is not right. This should prompt you to
ask for clarification or confirmation.

>From the CQ WW rules FAQ http://www.cqww.com/rules_faq.htm

Q: I work a station and they do not know their CQ zone or they give me a
serial number, what should I put in the log?

A: Log the zone based on their location.

You are welcome to disagree or use your own interpretation, but that's how
the CQWW log checking works.

Randy, K5ZD