Re: [CQ-Contest] 10-4?

To: <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>, "Bob Gates" <regates@kingwoodcable.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 10-4?
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:21:55 -0600
Hello folks:

From a retired military air traffic controller-- we were taught proper radio
phraseology-- who is also a retired military and airline pilot. I am also a currently active business jet pilot, using the radio continuously at work in a highly structured environment.

This information is quoted verbatim from the current Aeronautical Information Manual, in the Pilot/Controller Glossary.

1. ROGER--I have received all of your last transmission.
2. WILCO--I have received your message, understand it, and will comply with it.
3. OVER --My transmission is ended; I expect a reply.
4. OUT --The conversation is ended and no response is expected.

One can discuss the applicability of the above in the hobby of ham radio, but from my experience both civilian and military, there is consistancy of meaning of the above terms.

#1 and #2 are never used together, also #3 and #4 are never used together.

73,
Rusty, na5tr

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>