Re: [CQ-Contest] 10-4?

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 10-4?
From: "Bob Gates" <regates@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:29:53 -0600
Actually, in commercial and military terminology, the term "Over and out" is
contradictory.  You use one or the other at the end of a transmission.  "Over"
means you are asking the other station to transmit, and you will be listening.
"Out" means the communication is ended and you do not expect to hear anything
further from the other station.  Just because John Wayne says it, doesn't make
it right. :)

Bob W7BJ
  "Over and out"
  "Clear on your final"

  Both make sense to me.  What do you find humorous?  More to the point,
  how would you communicate the same information?

  To me "over and out" means I'm turning the transmission over to you
  and I am going off the air (or QSYing) immediately.  You may continue
  working other stations on frequency.

  You're new at this, right?  :-)

  --
  Bill W6WRT