[CQ-Contest] Short calls-the solution

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Short calls-the solution
From: kr6x@kr6x.com (Leigh S. Jones)
Date: Wed Dec 4 06:32:37 2002
Maybe, but maybe not.  For instance, in the CQWW you are awarded
multipliers
according to zone and country.  If the zone you send (e.g., 1, 3, 4,
5) makes it clear
which country you are in, then why require it?   In the ARRL contest a
station
signing a callsign like N6VI and sending 599KW can't be pinned down.
Sure, if
he's sending 599CA then it's easier.  But your suggestion has some
logical flaws:
if you sign NH7A, then how do we know you're not operating from
somewhere
in the USA?  Can we presume you are not in the USA DXCC location?  How
would you like to have to send NH7A/NH7 through a contest -- after
all, NH7
really indicates USA.  I could chuckle at the ARRL rule when a station
calls me
with a callsign from the KG4AAA block -- that's a USA 4th district
callsign...
does he have to sign KG4AAA/W4?