Re: [Amps] step start

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>, "amps-request@contesting.com" <amps-request@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] step start
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 07:31:15 -0400 (EDT)
Hello group,
The take-aways I received so far are:
1. Absolutely have a Plate soft start esp with 200 - 500 uF in the HV.
2. Plate regulation is not as critical as screen regulation.
3. Never apply screen voltage before plate voltage. Safe to apply at the same
time. Best practice is to apply plate voltage before screen voltage.

That being said, I can design my soft start to start plate voltage. Once soft
start completes and switches out the 25Ohm resistors from the plate primary
lines, it can energize the screen primary lines to bring the screen voltage on.

Paul.