Re: [Amps] 8877 heater open circuit after shipping

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 heater open circuit after shipping
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@gmx.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:16:19 +0000
I have two of them where the heaters measure open when they are upside down but normal when upright. That way up they work fine as long as the heater supply doesn't have high inrush current. They are MRI machine pulls, can't remember if they were like that when I got them.

Another one (completely unconnected) was in an amp used for /p contesting. Over 20odd years that survived hundreds of trips across rough terrain and close on a thousand miles on the road in a barely sprung trailer. As far as I know it's still going strong.

Steve G8GSQ