Re: [Amps] Need reliable source for ACOM2000A tubes GU74B?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need reliable source for ACOM2000A tubes GU74B?
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 04:37:37 -0600
>Doesn't look like Array Solutions has any GU-74Bs at the moment but they
>will test them for you for $35 each. Pretty good deal since they usually go
>up one at a time and you are left wondering which one is still good.

Is there some reason why you can't disconnect the anode or remove one
tube and test the other one in your amp then switch to the other
socket to test the second tube?  Basically run a two tube amp with one
tube at a time.  It seems to me the dud will be revealed that way.  Or
both will be good or duds.  Save $70 plus shipping.

Rob
K5UJ