Re: [Amps] Need reliable source for ACOM2000A tubes GU74B?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need reliable source for ACOM2000A tubes GU74B?
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@gmx.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 22:36:15 +0000
4CX800 was a Svetlana part number, doubtless chosen to match Eimac's nomenclature. Vyne Antennas in the UK used to support Acom products and supply tubes. They had a test setup for conditioning and measuring the dc parameters. They guy there suspected that the Svetlana branded tubes were old GU74s which had been cleaned up and plated.

I had a 4CX800 bought from the UK's official Svetlana agent. It had a very bright finish, probably nickel I guess. The GU74s I have look like a matte tin finish. Other than that, they certainly could have the same parts.

Steve G8GSQ