Re: [Amps] Need reliable source for ACOM2000A tubes GU74B?

To: Yueh Hsu <hsu4qro@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need reliable source for ACOM2000A tubes GU74B?
From: kq2m@kq2m.com
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 09:57:35 -0600

Hi,

I want to thank everyone for their responses to my questions!

I am going to pursue some of these options after I hear back from Val at ACOM.

Tnx again and 73

Bob, KQ2M

On 2022-11-23 17:50, Yueh Hsu wrote:
A few related information, more than a decade ago, the Chinese tube
manufacturer, Jingguang once produced the GU-74B in small quantities,
I guess it was for the weapons systems imported by China from Russia
in the 90s as spare parts. But over the years, as these obsolete
weapons systems have been gradually abandoned in the Chinese military,
it seems that Jingguang no longer produces them. But I think that if
there is enough market demand, it is possible to restart the
production line. Furthermore, I have carefully compared the parameters
of the 4CX250B and the GU-74B, and I found that three 4CX250Bs can
perfectly replace one GU-74B. The input capacitance is almost
identical, one problem is that it seems that the 4CX250B will have
problems operating above 2500V, but I am sure that the 4CX250B can
operate at 2500V, although its datasheet says that the maximum voltage
is 2000V. The second problem is physical space. Three regular 4CX250B
sockets and the chimney system will certainly take up more space than
a GU-74B and chimney system, but it is feasible to use a small socket
(not necessarily a GU-74B socket, such as a 2P29K socket that
perfectly matches the 4CX250B) and make your own socket + chimney
system.

<kq2m@kq2m.com> 于2022年11月24日周四 02:38写道:

I need to replace one set of tubes for my ACOM2000A.

Can anyone confirm that GU74B is the correct tube?  If not, what is
the
correct tube?

Does anyone know of a reliable source for the ACOM200A good quality
tubes?  Approximate cost?

Tnx & 73

Bob, KQ2M