Re: [Amps] Alpha 86

To: David Tenenbaum <dmt013@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 86
From: gudguyham--- via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 19:33:41 +0000 (UTC)
Did you check R8 for open?

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 2:20 PM, David Tenenbaum <dmt013@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I have an Alpha 86 that I have been using set up for 110v, and finally have
access to 220v, so looking forward to seeing what it can REALLY put out.
Unfortunately I have made the jumper changes (terminal in the back for 110
operation has locations 1&2 jumpered, 3&4 jumpered, and 5&6 jumpered, but for
220 only locations 2&3 are jumpered), and the unit fails to light up or come
online. I hear a single relay activation when I hit the "On" switch, but no
lights or fan.

Fearing I hurt the unit I restored it to 110v operation and all is good. I set
it back to 220v and same problem. I checked continuity from the plug's ground
to chassis ground, and the hot leads show continuity to the right places. I
have been using a 220v SB200 on that outlet just fine.

Any thoughts or leads appreciated! Never thought I would have a problem just
switching supply voltages.....Scan of schematic attached....

Best,

David
N1RO/VE3TMK