Re: [Amps] Testing Tubes with a Henry 2K

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Testing Tubes with a Henry 2K
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 07:47:08 -0400
Yes you can. You need to keep the drive way down and keep grid and plate
currents at half normal IF YOU CAN LOAD IT PROPERLY which is
questionable. I ran mine with one of the 3-400's dead without knowing it
during a contest. I didn't notice until I saw the power out was only
about 500w. As for the loading, maybe running on 20 into a dummy load
with around 40w drive will allow you to tune and load properly.

W1NR