Re: [Amps] Amp causing RFI

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp causing RFI
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 14:15:51 -0600
Unfortunately a station ground does not magically absorb unwanted RF. I do not even have a ground rod connected to my transceiver. I am not sure why one amplifier would cause RFI and another one would not unless the output was significantly different. The output power was not mentioned in the original post. I would definitely use a quality feedline and chokes at the antenna to minimize RF current on this feedline.

John KK9A

John Bodine john.bodine at gmail.com

Drive a ground rod close to your operating position and connect to it. Your
problems will be cured.