Re: [Amps] Stripping Litz

To: "Chris Wilson" <chris@chriswilson.tv>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stripping Litz
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 20:35:48 -0500
What about a wire wheel in a drill or Dremel Tool?

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Wilson Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:12 AM To: amps@contesting.com Subject: Re: [Amps] Stripping Litz

Hello Manfred,

Thanks for the info on tinning Litz, and thanks to all who also
contributed. Even using the hot air tip on a butane soldering iron for
a minute fails to do more than darken the insulation, as does a bare
flame. It's a nightmare to strip, I did have some old Nitromors paint
stripper before they went "Green" and that would work if an end was
left in it for a few days with teasing of the strands every now and
again. But a few days in unobtainable stripper is not good, and the
bit I had is all gone ;) I will try and get some of the chemical
mentioned earlier unless anyone has any other suggestions? It's nice
wire of a reasonable core size for coil winding, but if I can't strip
it its just X kilos of copper.... :(