Re: [Amps] Is this relay suitable for 1kw+ RF?

To: <qrv@kd4e.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Is this relay suitable for 1kw+ RF?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 21:38:44 -0400
I also missed the antenna impedance which will create some high RF voltage on 160 in particular.

That is a latching relay and not suitable for what you want to do if Im understanding that matching network correctly.

Redraw it to eliminate the 60-10M parts since you wont be using those bands; then select the relays needed which Im a guessin' will be a pair of DPDT.

Why not make it a T top load or inverted L for 80 and then all you need is a coil for 160, one relay and less voltage worry on 160 and none on 80.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: <qrv@kd4e.com>