[Amps] Question: Ship Vacuum Variables at minimum or maximum?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Question: Ship Vacuum Variables at minimum or maximum?
From: Robert Groh <rgroh@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
Getting set to sell off some vacuum variables and I have a question: when I
ship them, should I set them at minimum capacity setting or at maximum
capacity?

I would think the answer is to ship with the capacitor set at it's minimum
capacity - the 'rotor' would be retracted the most and the 'mechanical lever
arm' (i.e. the length of the unsupported mass of the 'rotor') would, therefore,
be at it's minimum.

Comments and advice welcome. The vacuum variables are Jennings UCS and UCSL, by
the way, if that matters.

Thanks.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY