[Amps] Fwd: Re[2]: Hipersil, the myth and the truth. (Updated)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: Re[2]: Hipersil, the myth and the truth. (Updated)
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:45:08 -0400
Ian,

Yup, that's them. Ed is a good guy to deal with. My buddy here built a
transformer tester for him which is PIC controled. It applies a set
waveform to test them if I recall. I actually purchased the chassis for
it to use on another project and didn't. It was one by LMB Heager which
looked like an old Collins style with the flip up lid on the top. I helped
my buddy when he was building it for the calculations portion of the
software. I recon it turned out pretty good and is being used on the line
today. I think this project was right before he built it.

Now Ed will be the first to tell you the same info as me on those C-cores.
Note that in the write-up, there was no mention of the word "Hipersil".
When that was ordered, the weight was the big concern and he did get about
a 20% savings on it. On a 60 pound transformer, that would be 12 pounds
or almost the weight of two gallons of milk :-) I'm not sure of the weight
on this one though.

Best,

Will