[AMPS] basic question about dipping the plate

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] basic question about dipping the plate
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 18:45:31 -0700
Rich,

I believe that is only true if there is no load connected across the shunt side
of the L-network.
In that case the L-network simply becomes a hi-q series resonant trap to ground
(e.g. a near
dead short). Connect a finite resistive load across the shunt element and that
is no longer true.
Under this condition, the currents through the inductor and capacitor are no
longer equal. Thus
their respective voltage drops are no longer in anti-phase (e.g. no more dead
short).

73 de Mike, W4EF.....................