Re: [TowerTalk] 140' guyed tower worth?

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 140' guyed tower worth?
From: Chuck <chuck@clarityconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 22:05:58 -0400
Thanks. I’d been hoping to sell the tower for the cost of removing it. But
steel is costly these days and there’s a metal recycler just a few miles away
so…

My motivation is, there is a new owner for the site (passed down from the
father, who had been great to work with). The new owners have talked to a
lawyer who’s convinced them this is a gold mine and they should be charging 3x
what we’re actually making from the tower per month. Listing the customers and
what they pay has made no impact on his thinking and what he’s telling them. So
the solution is to take the tower down and strand the ~15 customers who get
their “high” (ish) speed internet from the tower. I won’t be held up for ransom
and take a loss in the process. I can’t.

Chuck