[TowerTalk] 140' guyed tower worth?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 140' guyed tower worth?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 20:12:33 -0400
With no tower data this is impossible to answer but I am guessing that it
has a negative value if you have to hire a crane and staff to remove the
structure.  One option might be felling the tower and selling the scrap
metal.  There was a recent thread on this subject:
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/towertalk/2024-September/174916.html

GL
John

Chuck wrote:

Is there any value to a 140' guyed tower from a resale standpoint? I know
more information is ultimately needed, but the tower in question was erected
about 12 years ago but is no longer needed.

Any rough estimates on the cost to bring the tower down?

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Bartosch
Point Broadband