[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer Problem - Win 10?

Jeffrey Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Sat Jan 9 12:49:58 EST 2021

All:

I received a new SDR-IQ receiver to add to my collection (my 8th), and was
testing it. I have SpectraVue and CW Skimmer (several instances) previously
installed on the laptop used. They both have worked in the past, but I have
not used them in the past year.

The new SDR-IQ worked fine with SpectraView, but when I tried it with CW
Skimmer v2.1, parallel green lines filled the Skimmer display rather than
the expected CW signals. It then locks up and will not exit cleanly on
request. I repeated with one of my other known-good SDR-IQs, and it behaved
the same.

I'm wondering: did I miss some Windows-update changes in the past year that
affected CW Skimmer operation?  I looked through the archives, but found no
mention of drivers being overwritten, etc.

Thanks & 73,   Jeff  K8ND / PJ2ND