[Skimmertalk] WSJT-X skimming load balancing?

Andy KU7T ku7t at ku7t.org
Mon May 4 20:22:41 EDT 2020

HI,

I am running the Red Pitaya 16 bit.

I noticed that my computer does not seem to be up to the task to run all CW bands and 5 FT8 bands. FT8 via WSTR-X with the FT8Start.exe seems  to cause CPU intensive spikes. I also, noticed that the spikes occur every 30 s and I am spotting FT8 spots every 30s. It really should be every 15s. I also noticed that others that spot send spots every 15s.

Does anyone know how to balance this better?  Is there some setting to make WSJT-X instances less power hungry?  Can I offload some of the WSJT-X instances to another computer (since data comes via ethernet)?  Any ideas are appreciated. Trying not to invest into a branch new computer yet…

73
Andy
KU7T