[Skimmertalk] Using Skimmer Server + RSP2 + N1MM+

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 14 18:37:56 EST 2020

Answers below.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 9:45 AM Frank VO1HP <invl160 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I located the SkimSrv.ini file and I see the CwSegment for 160 was set
> from 1800000-1840000.  I have manually changed that to 1800000-1885000.
> Does that mean I will copy signals and generate  spots up in that freq
> bandwidth?

This is the "CW decoding region", which could be bigger or smaller than the
bandwidth being digitized.  But this change is fine.

In SkimSrv.ini There are center frequencies listed for each band and three
> bandwidths.  For example at 96khz the center freq on 160 is 1845500.  There
> is also a parameter SegmentSel96=100000000000.          Is any tweaking of
> these numbers required.?

The *Rate=* line determines the digitized bandwidth and which of the three
sets of center frequencies and SegmentSel lines will be used.

0=48kHz 1=96kHz 2=192kHz

I got onto this issue because I was seeing a report displayed in N1MM+
> Telnet window like this:
> "SETT: vlNormal 1800.0-1840.0"   With the change I now see "SETT: vlNormal
> 1800-1885"
> Does the acronym SETT just refer to the CWSegment or to something else?

It displays the CwSegments settings.

> In  Skimmer I had selected 1800.0-1891.0 @96khz. when using the RSP2 with
> N2IC DLL file but that was being overridden by the CW Segment setting in
> the INI file.??

The selection updates the Rate= line to Rate=1.  You can select 192 kHz and
which will set Rate=2 and ensure that the edges of the 160m band are
covered.  There's a JA band above 1900 kHz.