[Skimmertalk] Using Skimmer Server + RSP2 + N1MM+

Frank VO1HP invl160 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 12:45:04 EST 2020

I am setting up Skimmer Server to use in CQ160 contest at VO2AC. I am
trying to make sure we are seeing the maximum spots. I located the
SkimSrv.ini file and I see the CwSegment for 160 was set from
1800000-1840000.  I have manually changed that to 1800000-1885000.  Does
that mean I will copy signals and generate  spots up in that freq bandwidth?

In SkimSrv.ini There are center frequencies listed for each band and three
bandwidths.  For example at 96khz the center freq on 160 is 1845500.  There
is also a parameter SegmentSel96=100000000000.          Is any tweaking of
these numbers required.?

I got onto this issue because I was seeing a report displayed in N1MM+
Telnet window like this:
"SETT: vlNormal 1800.0-1840.0"   With the change I now see "SETT: vlNormal
1800-1885"
Does the acronym SETT just refer to the CWSegment or to something else?

In  Skimmer I had selected 1800.0-1891.0 @96khz. when using the RSP2 with
N2IC DLL file but that was being overridden by the CW Segment setting in
the INI file.??

Am I interpreting this correctly.?

73
Frank VO1HP