[Skimmertalk] A solution for a Red Pitaya-based FT8 skimmer for RBN

dd5xx at web.de dd5xx at web.de
Tue Mar 19 10:41:27 EDT 2019

Hello Björn,

thanks for contributing your modified FT-8 application. Although I am not interested in the FT-8 part I downloaded and tested it because I was interested in the "radioday" app which I find useful. Thank you.

I want to suggest two things in your installation.sh script:

- you are copying and overwriting "start.sh" to "/media/mmcblk0p1" which in result will put your FT8 application to autostart whenever the system boots. I was puzzled when I rebooted my system because my favorite application "sdr_receiver_hpsdr" did not run. In process list I saw then your application running and it was clear what happened. I find it's better to let the user decide what kind of application to autostart on system boot.

- you are copying the temperature script "temp.sh" into the root folder and keep it there. Again, I find it more convenient and user-friendly to let the user decide if and what files an application puts into the home/root folder.

Just my 2 cents. However, thanks again. Wish you a nice day

73
Saki, DD5XX