[Skimmertalk] WSJT-X/FT8 skimming: high PC CPU utilization limiting count of spots

Andy KU7T ku7t at ku7t.org
Wed Jul 31 13:15:36 EDT 2019

Back to the original issue, the throttling of spots on high CPU utilization with multiple WSJT-X instances on a Windows PC.

I converted my RP16 to do all the FT8 work (SM7IUN’s software) and it is amazing. All bands skimming FT8, the RP is at 50 C and my spot count is about double. That RP is quite a little work horse.

On the negative side, I had to get my CW spots with different means.

Wouldn’t it be nice to run on RP and skim for FT8, CW, RTTY all in one box?  My dream…

73
Andy
KU7T