[Skimmertalk] an advice please

NOEL POULIN ve2fww at globetrotter.net
Sat Sep 15 07:34:32 EDT 2018

Hello,
I want to use the skimmer with my K3s and share my transmit antennas
with the skimmer.
I want to use the DxEng RTR-2.
I do not have an Rx antenna connector on my K3s.
I want to use the skimmer during cw contests and use this RTR-2 to
ground the SDR RECEIVER.
I am using the skimer with the SDR-IQ. Both are working great on a
dipole right now, but I would like to use the same antenna my K3 is using.
I would appreciate advice on this idea, using the same antennas or
sharing the antenna between the k3 and the SDR-IQ with skimmer.
The reason i want to use the RTR-2, is protection of the SDR-IQ receiver...
Of course, the sdr-iq will not receive during transmit...
I WOULD like to know if anybody in this group using the kind of set up???
May be there is another way......
Your advice would VERY APPRECIATED , please...
Thanks again
Noel