[Skimmertalk] Multiple Installations

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 10:47:15 EDT 2018

I have been trying to set up skimmer for two SDRs simultaneously, and am having some difficulties. Would appreciate any help.

PC is running W7; Rig 1 is SDRStick + HDSDR; Rig 2 is Elad FDM-DUO + FDM-SW2; Both are set to Softrock IF; com0com for CAT.

I have followed K8ND's excellent tutorial on configuring multiple instances on one PC, G4ZFQ's information on setting up HDSDR and the Elad information on FDM-SW2 with CW Skimmer.

So far so good. Each installation interfaces and works properly individually, and each installation selects its own .ini file. However, whilst Omnirig works well, I can't see how to have separate instances for each of the skimmers. (The installations each have a separate pair of virtual ports between receiver and skimmer.) The effect of this is that I load one installation and all is well, load the second and it takes the Omnirig parameters from the first installation and of course doesn't properly connect.

Help!

73 Roger
VE3ZI