[Skimmertalk] "Dongle Server" image available

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Jan 26 16:13:00 EST 2018

If anyone would like a (fairly) painless way to play with N1GP's
rtl_hpsdr software that makes a bunch of RTL-SDR dongles look like an
HPSDR Hermes with up to 8 receivers, I've uploaded a plug-and-play image
file to http://febo.com/pages/os_images/

You should be able to unzip it, load to a 2GB SD card, stick in a
Raspberry Pi 3, and go to town.  No warranties express or implied...

(I also uploaded to the same folder an image file for an RPi 2 with GPS
working as an NTP time server, if anyone's interested in that.  And soon
to come is a P25 scanner that also runs on an RPi using an RTL-SDR dongle.)

73,
John