[Skimmertalk] Deaf QS1R

ko7ss at yahoo.com ko7ss at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 01:46:11 EST 2018

Hi Andy,
Without knowing your exact setup (Antenna, Preamp, QS1R, computer), a suggestion would be to look at the antenna.
I had a "deaf" QS1R and the problem was the $14 lightening surge protector or the coax. Looking for the quick fix Ireplaced the 10' coax from the Pixel loop to the DX Engineering 75 ohm lightening surge protector and the 100' coaxfrom the surge protector to the preamp and all was back to normal. Maybe $60 total. We have lots of mice and desertanimals here, lots of monsoon rain and standing water. My second plan was to look at the Pixel loop antenna/preampbut that wasn't necessary.
73, Bill KO7SS