[Skimmertalk] Can't keep SkimSrv/SkimSrv2 running any more, "Error writing to xxxx" 0xc0000005 in ntdll.dll

kazeringue at aol.com kazeringue at aol.com
Fri Aug 17 16:29:29 EDT 2018

Hi Bob,

The doc for the cumulative update I have here shows 2 .NET "fixes"
inside the cumulative security update.  You could try to roll back that
update to see if it is involved with the problem.  That update seems the
most likely culprit within the set of those installed in the last
Redmond dump on my Win10 boxes.

doc:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4343909/windows-10-update-kb4343909

My skimmer is running on a winderz 8.1 box.  So far so good, but not a
help for your situation.

In unrelated areas.....
Have been debugging RedPitaya/skimmer issues for the last month, and
they all appear to be antenna system problems that were not obviously
antenna related. I thought the RP had gone intermittent after IARU.

To answer a never asked question.....
A full size 160m inv L[with K2AV style FCP] seems to make an !excellent!
antenna for skimming with Red Pitaya.  It will only be running for
another 24 hours on it, will remove thru end of thunderstorm season.

Pre amp is removed from system, but SNR's are strong with honking big
long wire 160m-L.  Seems to cover all bands well enough. 17m/15m may be
sketchy, but I've used the 160L on 10m as an xmit antenna, which "works"
[for certain values of "work"].

73 es gl de w4kaz