[Skimmertalk] 8 bands/CPU overload/NDB's

Grant La Delle b748 at bigpond.com
Fri Oct 27 01:21:08 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Thanks to Bob for the great news on 8 bands with the RP.

If it helps anyone else, my upgrade went ok, but I couldn't SSH in to my
RP after the upgrade. The RP had a steady amber LED.

I de powered for 20 seconds, same result.

Only after another de power, this time for 30 seconds, did my RP start
normally.

I am running CW Skimmer Server and Aggregator using Bootcamp and W7 on a
Mac Book Pro i5 3210M @ 2.5 Ghz with 4 GB of RAM. If I try 8 bands at
once, I get 'CPU overload'. 7 bands is ok.

According to the Skimmer Sever Status tab, the 'CPU overload' message
seems to occur at about 30% CPU load. The tab also indicates 4 CPU's are
installed.

However when I start Task Manager, it shows one CPU at about 90%, the
second CPU at about 50% and CPU's 3 and 4 about idle.

CW Skimmer Server does not appear to be using all 4 CPU's? Is there any
way I can enable that please?

Also, I am interested in decoding aviation Non Directional Beacons
(NDB). Will CW Skimmer Server and/or Aggregator show 3 letter callsigns,
sent at about 5 WPM, on my local PC? I think I might need a low pass filter.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

--
Regards, Grant. www.qrz.com/db/vk2gel
Nature doesn't need people, but people need nature.