[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya set up with N6TV's instructions

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 21:51:26 EDT 2017

We're with you 100 percent, Wes. I have just finished evaluating an RP
with the input transformer (actually home-brew but the same 14:1
transformer) and see virtually identical performance to that of the
QS1R. My test unit, with the plastic case and a 25mm cooling fan, never
exceeds 58C.  I feel no trepidation about saying we'll use the RP in the
gap-filling program, with plastic case and cooling fanas Wes suggests.

In fact, the one I'm testing here will probably go to the next
gap-filling location.  We're still looking for a site in West Africa.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.