[Skimmertalk] Running CW-Skimmer-Server + WSPR simultaneously

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 4 21:07:52 EDT 2017

I don't think this is possible because the FPGA of the Red Pitaya must be
reconfigured to run each specialized application, so it can only run one
FPGA application at a time.  Perhaps you will need to buy a second Red
Pitaya if you want to run WSPR+CW Skimmer. :-)

The fpga.conf file lists the name of the binary file (.bit) that is copied
to the FPGA (/dev/xdevcfg) using the cat command when it is activated
by the web interface.  It then runs start.sh after reconfiguring the FPGA.

FYI, SDR_HPSDR uses the limit of all available FPGA capacity running six
simultaneous receiver slices (which is why it could not run seven receivers
like the QS1R).