[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya set up with N6TV's instructions

Wes Cosand wes.cosand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:30:07 EDT 2017

Just a note to say that I received a RP board and got it going in a couple
days using N6TV's excellent instructions.

http://hamsci.org/n6tv-red-pitaya-combine-cw-rtty-skimmer-hdsdr

I can remember the frustration every time I tried to work in a different
biochemistry lab -- the frustration of being a true "newbie" and *everybody
*knowing more than you do.  *"I can't even find the pipette drawer!*"  That
frustration came back this week trying to get the RP going and you will
probably experience it also.  But don't fear.  Bob's instructions will
guide you through it -- just takes some time.

Just as Bob warns, cooling is an issue.  I don't have the plastic case --
just the aluminum one where the entire case tries to be a heat sink.  But I
stuck an old CPU cooling fan on top and it is running at about 44 degrees
C.  With a frequency correction factor of "1" I am getting the same
frequencies as on the gps-disciplined QS1R on all the HF bands.

If we use this board for any RBN gap filling I would suggest that we
install the necessary software on the SD card and ship it with some kind of
cooling solution.

Wes WZ7I