[Skimmertalk] A balanced Red-Pitaya-RBN-Station

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Mon Nov 27 19:34:00 EST 2017

For what it is worth, Saki, I have used the QS1R with the Clifton Labs
active antenna and 1 KW for several years.  I discovered that
byinterrupting the DC to the active antennaand opening (not shorting)
the antenna input before the preamp, I was able to eliminate spurious
spots.  However, my active antenna was about 50 meters from the
transmitting antennas.

An important point - the Clifton antenna has a relay that opens the
circuit to the whip when the DC is interrupted.  I suspect that is a
necessary thing, and if your active whip does not have it you may want
to add one.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now