[Skimmertalk] 6m

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jun 9 06:01:48 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Drew Vonada-Smith <drew at whisperingwoods.org>
wrote:

> I am skimming on 6M at K3PA-#.  Actually, I have two skimmers, one on 160
> through 15M, and another for 15 through 6M.

Are you simultaneously posting CW spots on 15m using the same skimmer
callsign but two different skimmers and two different antennas?  Please
don't do that.  The S/N difference between the two antennas invalidates
data analysis and comparisons between the spotted stations, especially if
the data shows two simultaneous spots of a station by K3PA-#, but with very
different S/N, because they were spotted by two independent antenna
systems.  Please use only one spotter callsign per antenna per band, such
as K3PA-# for one antenna and K3PA-3-# for the other.  The spots posted by
K3PA-# and K3PA-3-# can then be independently analyzed and compared.