[Skimmertalk] [RBN-OPS] false 6 meter spots

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jul 7 00:46:52 EDT 2017

Have you tried "listening" to your QS1R when the false spots are showing
up?  This is pretty easy to do using CWSL_Tee to listen to the QS1R (or
other SDR) while it is running CW Skimmer Server.  You should be able to
see those false images and spots as signals, in real time, then make
adjustments to see if you can make the images go away.

Download CWSL_Tee.zip and IPP51.zip from

https://github.com/HrochL/CWSL/tree/master/bin

Unzip IPP51 and run the installer (setup.exe).

Unzip CWSL_Tee.zip and copy CWSL_Tee.dll to your SkimSrv installation
directory.  Start SkimSrv and select "CWSL_Tee on Quicksilver QS1R" as the
SDR.

Download and install HDSDR from:

http://www.hdsdr.de/

Copy ExtIO_CWSL.dll to the HDSDR installation directory, then start HDSDR.
Select ExtIO_CWSL.dll if prompted to pick a DLL.  Then you should be able
to "watch" what is happening on the same bands that are being skimmed.
False images should be apparent in the waterfall display as synchronized
signal traces.

(I haven't tried this with my QS1R, which is dead, but it works well with
the Red Pitaya and it should work the same).

Please let us know if this works for you, and helps you to discover the
source of the false signal images.