[Skimmertalk] CWSkimmer and Skimmer Server setup with RedPitaya

Jorge Diez - CX6VM cx6vm.jorge at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 22:46:28 EDT 2017

Hi Sam

thanks very much. I follow your document, Bob N6TV is helping me and gave
me this link.

I do all but on point 4:

Launch the CW Skimmer Server. *The program will automatically minimize to
your tray, rather than opening a window.* Click on the icon in the tray to
open the window. The Skimmer Server should automatically locate your Red
Pitaya if it is properly connected to the network; no extra configuration
required.

seems my Red Pitaya is not properly connected to the network, because I
still have the error about SDR Receiver: SDR failure, too many receivers
selected, doesn´t matter if i select 1, 3 or 6 bands on Skimmer Server

Bob is helping me to have Red Pitaya working properly. I think after that
it will connect to Skimmer Server

thanks,
Jorge

> Hi Jorge,
>
> We've got a guide on HamSCI on getting a Red Pitaya running with CW Skimmer
> Server. Hope this helps:
> http://hamsci.org/cw-reverse-beacon-network-how-guide
>
> It's not too complex overall, but you'll need to put a custom image on the
> SD card for the Red Pitaya, then drop a DLL into the CW Skimmer Server
> directory, in addition to running CWSL_Tee if you desire to (this is useful
> if you want to make recordings.)
>
> If that doesn't do the trick, maybe we'll be able to help you with your
> specific setup.
>
> 73 -
> Sam KC2LRC
>
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM <
> > cx6vm.jorge at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Other question, if i want to run CWSkimmer, which radio may i select on
> > > Settings Radio Tab?
> > >

> > CW Skimmer is hard coded to work with the specific SDRs listed.  It does
> > not support the Red Pitaya directly.  But SkimSrv and RTTYSkimServ
> support
> > the Red Pitaya OK via the Hermes interface DLL or CWSL_Tee.
> >
> > It looks like SM7SJR has configured his ANAN-200D (a Hermes SDR) to work
> > with CW Skimmer configured as Radio=SDR-IQ, but it is very complex to set
> > up, requiring Virtual Audio Cable and other software.  See:
> >
> > http://www.sm7sjr.se/?page_id=983
> >
> > In theory, the same could be done for the Red Pitaya, but as K1TTT said,
> > you can't run CW Skimmer and CW Skimmer Server against the same SDR at
> the
> > same time without causing problems (*), so I don't think you would gain
> > much value.  Use HDSDR instead.
> >
> > 73,
> > Bob, N6TV
> >
> > (*) Selecting SDR-IQ allows CW Skimmer to change the LO frequency as you
> > tune around, which would really mess up  SkimSrv which requires a fixed
> LO
> > frequency on each band.

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W