[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya vs QS1R - comparison tests with CW Skimmer Server.

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Oct 22 17:13:53 EDT 2016

My first real comparisons.  Clifton active whip to Clifton 11 dB Norton
preamp to 3.5 dB Minicircuits. Both are running the same version of
SkimServ. The jumpers in the RP are set per K1TTT's recommendation to
bypass the front end attenuators

The number of decoders is about 25 percent higher on the QS1R than on
the RP.  The "spots in 30 min." FOM currently reads 87 for QS1R, 72 for
RP.  Not bad, but I wonder why it isn't closer.  Typically, the reported
SNR of spots from the RP is 1-4 dB lower than with the QS1R. On 40M most
spots yield equal SNRs.

Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at