[Skimmertalk] AF5OT/B spots in the Reverse Beacon Network

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 18 13:51:51 EDT 2016

Jim,

Your 10 meter beacon has been spotted by the Reverse Beacon Network many
times since Monday, September 26th.

A summary is available at this link:

https://foc.dj1yfk.de/activity/AF5OT/B

However, the spots are summarized in bar chart format, which may be
difficult for blind hams to process.  The text summary says;

Total hours (last 365 days) with at least one RBN spot: 40 (0.1h per day).
Hours spotted in EU: 0, NA: 36, AS: 0, SA: 0, AF: 0, OC: 8

So, your 10 meter beacon has been spotted in Oceania a few times and North
America many other times, but never spotted in any other continents, which
is expected given the current conditions.

To get more detail about exactly where your beacon was spotted on any
particular day, go to a link like this:

http://www.reversebeacon.net/spotsPerCallAndSkimmer/20160926.zip

Inside the Zip file is a text summary for every station spotted on that
day, which looks like this:

DX Call    Skimmer     No. Spots
AF5OT/B    KM3T                5
AF5OT/B    W4KKN               3

Perhaps DJ1YFK can display this information in text format on his web site,
whenever you click on a date in the calendar area at the top.