[Skimmertalk] Current SDR choices for CW skimmer?

Andy (KU7T) ku7t at ku7t.org
Fri Mar 20 12:33:06 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am researching the idea of getting a CW skimmer up for the major HF bands;
there still is a shortage in the Pacific Northwest.  I played with a
softrock but never got it to work satisfactorily, so I am looking at a
non-kit SDR. Looking for something reasonable that can do 5 HF bands. I know
about the QSR1, but the cost is pretty steep.

What other options are out here for a 5 band CW skimming capable SDR? Is the
SDR-IQ good, it not quite clear from its description.

Is there a 2nd hand market for these things?

Thanks and 73

Andy

KU7T