[Skimmertalk] Two instances of CWskimmer in Win7?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Mar 18 22:30:04 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Mark n2qt <n2qt.va at gmail.com> wrote:

> The help file indicates it is possible to specify the location for the
> ini file on the command line.  I have tried to embed this in the shortcut
> for cwskimmer but
> I can't make it work.

Did you use enough quotes and fully qualify the name?  For example, in the
CW Skimmer Shortcut properties, you would have to use (all on one line):

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\CwSkimmer\CwSkimmer.exe"
ini="C:\Users\*YourUserid*
\AppData\Roaming\Afreet\Products\CwSkimmer\CwSkimmer.ini"

Then for a second copy of the shortcut, change the last part to
"CwSkimmer2.ini".

I'm not sure if creating separate copies of the executable and creating
separate folders, as described by K8ND, is still required.  I think you
just need multiple .ini files specified in multiple shortcuts.  However, I
did notice that CW Skimmer created or updated other files in the AppData
folder when I ran it.  I don't know what's in these small files nor what
would happen if you had two skimmers running and they both tried to write
to these files.

Snr.dat
Snr.txt
Wpm.dat