[Skimmertalk] Please spot NCDXF beacons

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jul 17 02:57:13 EDT 2015

Bill,

   1. Click the Windows *Start* button
   2. Click *Run...*
   (If you don't see *Run...* in the Start menu, read this
   <http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-happened-run-command#1TC=windows-7>
   to see how to enable it)
   3. Paste the following line into the box, next to "Open:"
   notepad %appdata%\afreet\userdata\Watch.lst
   4. Paste the following lines into the file:
   4U1UN
   VE8AT
   W6WX
   KH6WO
   ZL6B
   VK6RBP
   JA2IGY
   RR9O
   VR2B
   4S7B
   ZS6DN
   5Z4B
   4X6TU
   OH2B
   CS3B
   LU4AA
   OA4B
   YV5B
   5. Press Ctrl+S to save the file
   6. Close Notepad
   7. Restart Skimmer Server

Note:  it appears the KO7SS Skimmer is not set up to monitor the some of
the NCDXF Beacon frequencies (14.100, 18.110, 21.150, 24.930, and 28.200).
According to the RBN site <http://www.reversebeacon.net/nodes/detail.php>,
KO7SS is currently monitoring:

1800~1840
1800~1820
3500~3570
3583~3600
7000~7050
7080~7100
7035~7050
10100~10130
10130~10150
14000~14060
14080~14100
18068~18095
18100~18110
21000~21060
21080~21100

I would increase the upper limit as required to clearly include the beacon
frequencies.  To learn how to do that, see this blog post
<http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/2014/01/want-to-spot-beacons-heres-how.html>
.