[Skimmertalk] two aggregators

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Jan 24 07:19:40 EST 2015

Here's the current situation, Dave.  You can use one Aggregator for two
Skimservs, by putting the RTTY Skimmer in Secondary Skimmer slot #8.
This is particularly useful  if you want to rotate ini files for both CW
and RTTY Skimservs at one time.  However, only the Primary Skimmer call
is reported to the mother ship.

If you use two Aggregators, you may want to use different SSIDs, but at
this time there are limits on how the SSID is handled.  It will appear
in the main database and in the daily database files, but it is not used
in callsign searches on the web-site, nor is it forwarded to the Telnet
relay servers.  Also, in the detailed Skimmer listings, you'll note that
only the base call is displayed, and all of the frequency ranges covered
are displayed as if they were on a single Skimmer.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.