[Skimmertalk] Busted Spots During ARRL DX CW

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Feb 27 15:51:40 EST 2015

Since there was so little else to worry about this past weekend, I
decided to look into the real-world bust rates for a few stations,
asking people to call out stations they felt were busted particularly
often.  Here's a sampling of the results for Sunday only.

6Y2T - spotted 6370 times correctly, and one time each as 6Y2A and 6Y2N

K4LTA - K4LT/K4LTA was spotted 1012 times.  Of those, 8 were busts of
the K4LTA call as K4LT, and one was K4LTA busted as K4LTU. The rest of
the K4LTs appear to have been spots of ... wait for it ... K4LT!

N2NT  - spotted 6639 times, and T2NT 12 times, which is 0.18 percent

VE5ZX - spotted 581 times, with 3 busts

W1/SP4Z - 4627 instances of calls "like" SP4Z. 3948 were W1/SP4Z and 627
were without the portable prefix.  There was also one L1/SP4Z. Anyway,
that's 16 percent, which is way too high.

RU1A  - correct 12539, NU1A 469, or about 3.7 percent.  That is
substantially more than I would expect from Skimmer alone, so it may be
that their T/R switching was clipping the first dot.

VY1JA - correct455 , one bust

--

73, Pete N4ZR Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.