[Skimmertalk] Calibrating CW Skimmer in softrock mode

Andy KU7T ku7t at ku7t.org
Fri Dec 18 12:27:36 EST 2015

Hi,

I am using an AfedriSDR, together with skimscan, and CW skimmer in SR mode. I noticed that my spots are consistently high, about 250Hz on 10m. I want to fix this, but nothing seems to work.  I looked at the ini file at C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Afreet\Products\CwSkimmer\CwSkimmer.ini

In there I see a [sdrSR] section, which seems to be the right place.  So, I am adding the last line below:

[sdrSR]
SignalRate=192000
CenterFreq=28080000
CenterOffset=0
RigNo=0
FreqCalibration=1.0000079

The value is calculated by calculating displayed/correct QRG.

If I save this, restart skimmer, no difference. Is it possible that FreqCalibration is not supported for SoftRock mode?

Thanks
Andy
KU7T