[Skimmertalk] aggregator ini rotation??

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Feb 21 15:52:41 EST 2014

This should not be necessary, Paul.  If you have Internet communication
with the machine, and it has not crashed, you have several options.

You can run Skimmer and then Aggregator, separately, without rotation.

You can run Aggregator, set your .ini file rotation options, click Start
rotation, and Aggregator will start Skimmer for you.
After you do that, you can stop Aggregator properly (from the task tray)
to save any changes in your .ini file.

You can even set up Windows so that it will start Aggregator in the
event of restarting after a power failure, by putting a shortcut to
Aggregator in your startup folder.

A final useful tool.  There are a number of free apps that will restart
an app that you designate, even if it crashes.  Take a look at
<http://www.raymond.cc/blog/keep-application-running-by-automatically-rerun-when-closed/>.
A nice resource.  We are using one of these little apps on each of the
RBN's ARC servers now, to handle the unexpected more gracefully.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.