[Skimmertalk] [FlexEdge] PowerSDR and CW Skimmer not aligned

Andrew O'Brien k3ukandy at gmail.com
Sat May 25 00:28:46 EDT 2013

Hmmm, well the Flex 1500 and my Skimmer  continue to work well despite
having  to move the calibration setting to 4400 Hz audio in CW Skimmer.
 The odd thing is that I replicated the problem tonight helping a ham with
a Flex 3000, PowerSDR, and CW Skimmer. Maybe I am replicating a serious
pilot error?  We followed all instructions on the web, had CW Skimmer and
PowerSDR following each other's frequencies.  However, the listed frequency
of a skim was as much as 20-30 Khz away from skims of the same station
posted to the Reverse Beacon Network.  This time, adjusting the CW Skimmer
calibration  did not resolve the problem, it got us much closer (within 900
Hz at one time) but just as we would tweak to get even close,r  the
misalignment would follow no rhyme nor reason and jump to a few Khz again.
 It surely cannot be this difficult to get this right, so the issue has to
be me, I an fairly certain I have CW Skimmer and PowerSDR set per all the
screen shots,  and yes SR is off.  Can the settings in VAC Control panel
cause this symptom?

Andy K3UK