[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer 1.8 Problem

paul ecker eckerpw at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 17:08:12 EDT 2013

Mark & Bob - thank you both for your help, I am embarrassed to tell what was wrong.

- As Mark  said "When I get this error it is fixed by going into Skimmer Configuration and selectingthe proper audio card, which in my case is typically blank when the error occurs.
I am not using a Signalink but regular sound cards and under WinXP.

- Well that was the case, the "audio I/O device" was BLANK, and I did not pickup on that. All my effort was focused on the Signal I/O Device line. As soon as I selected the pull down menu and selected anything, CW skimmer started working.

- I found the section of the Help text that Bob sent  also quite helpful.

- Well you know what they say, there is no such thing as a dumb question, but mine may have been close.

thanks again for the help and getting me up and running
73 Paul
kc2nyu