[Skimmertalk] Image frequencies falsely reported using QS1R

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Feb 14 17:16:19 EST 2013

Today my Skimmer Server 1.3 is reporting stations on both the "right"
frequency, and the *wrong* frequency, due to some type of signal image
issue that I haven't noticed before:

 N6TV <http://www.reversebeacon.net/qrz/rbn/N6TV>
RU0ZM<http://www.reversebeacon.net/qrz/rbn/RU0ZM>
28019.2 CW CQ15 dB 24 wpm 2157z 14 Feb
N6TV<http://www.reversebeacon.net/qrz/rbn/N6TV>
 RU0ZM <http://www.reversebeacon.net/qrz/rbn/RU0ZM> 28162.8 CW CQ11 dB 24
wpm 2157z 14 Feb

 N6TV <http://www.reversebeacon.net/qrz/rbn/N6TV>
P40L<http://www.reversebeacon.net/qrz/rbn/P40L>
28160.4 CW CQ [LoTW]20 dB 38 wpm 2155z 14 Feb

N6TV <http://www.reversebeacon.net/qrz/rbn/N6TV>
P40L<http://www.reversebeacon.net/qrz/rbn/P40L>
28021.6 CW CQ [LoTW]22 dB 37 wpm 2151z 14 Feb

This is using a QS1R attached to a Pixel RF-Pro1A 8' high, with a Norton
pre-amp; I don't think it's a signal overload issue.

The only thing that has changed recently is that I'm using Aggregator
version 2.4, though I don't think that has anything to do with it.  I
selected my normal "Contest Rotation" .ini file.  Maybe I need to limit the
CW range to frequencies below 28.150 in the that .ini file?  Or lower the
"LO" frequency?

Has anyone else seen and cured this problem when using a QS1R with Skimmer
Server set for 192 kHz bandwidth on 80 - 10m?